HEY, WE'RE JIIGGL
OUR MENTAL HEALTH IS IN CRISIS
Universities UK's head of mental health, Professor Steve West says "Student mental health is failing a generation" and he ain't wrong. Check out the stats...
- 146 students killed themselves in 2016
- World Health Organisation estimates a massive $1 TRILLION is spend every year on depression and anxiety disorders
- Mental health conditions make up 28% of total burden of disease, but only recieve 13% of NHS budget
- Mental health support budget cut by 13.5% in real terms, leading to less available support and long waiting times.
- 70% issues do not receive intervention at sufficiently early stage, meaning everyday issues go unchecked and worsen.
- High cost of private professional care (average £70 per hour for counselling) not affordable for many.
- “A major difficulty is that students' health information rarely travels with them when they leave home for the first time.” - Minding Our Future report
WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY
"The National Union of Students (NUS) said that mental health services in higher education were "strained" and "at times non-existent" (BBC news, 12.05.18)
Even Virgin knows what's up: Gen Z "on the brink of the worst mental health crisis in decades"
(Article by Natalie Clarkson, Jan 2018)
The UK has the second worst mental health in the WORLD (Independant, 2018)
TIME FOR CHANGE! MEET JIIGGL...
AS SEEN IN...
BE PART OF THE MISSION!
Now is the perfect time to support us as part of #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek.
Join our fight for mental health care that's free from stigma, intimidation, inconvenience and heavy price tags.
WHAT WE'LL DO IF WE WIN
After a big party... ;) ...winning Voom 2018 would help us grow our team, continue product development, and start pilots by the end of this year to make Jiiggl a reality!
HOW YOU CAN HELP
2. SHARE with your friends, family, workplace, pets...every little helps
Team jiiggl xxx